Balance is a beautiful thing. Balance is also our Whole Souul Living Theme for September. In a technical sense, balance is an equal distribution of weight that enables steadiness. Balance is also about correct proportions: of power, justice, prosperity, Love… ideals seldom achieved but deeply worthy. In these busy and troubled times, all of us could benefit from some gentle attention to balance: between work and play, sadness and joy, time alone and time with others, the demands of the body and those of the spirit.
Some questions for individual and group reflection:
- At this point in your life, where are you out of balance?
- Where have you achieved balance? And, what did you have to do or give up to get to that point?
- What do you do for fun? Who do you share that with?
- When have you felt peaceful equilibrium in your body and soul? Tell someone that story.
- “Everything in moderation,” is a famous old adage. Reflect on this in your own life.
- Are there times when even moderation should be moderated? Perhaps with something more extreme? Share a story about that from your own experience.