1. To cause to exist; bring into being.
2. To give rise to; produce
3. To produce through artistic or imaginative effort
Our Whole Souul Living theme for the month of April is Creativity. Human beings create art but also community, love, hope, justice, war, violence, more…. We create when we work, cook, speak, clean, sing, make love, imagine the future… To be conscious and intentional is to be creative, creating the quality of each moment.
In traditional Christian theology, humans are made in Gods image because of the capacity to know good from evil. But a more modern interpretation is that it our ability to be creative that makes us divine.
Questions for individual and communal reflection:
- In your thoughts, your relationships, your Life, what are you creating right now?
- What do you aspire to create? In your thoughts, relationships, Life?
- What can a community create together that no one can create alone?
- What inspires/evokes/cultivates your creativity?
- Can we inspire/evoke/cultivate creativity in each other? How?