What is a Covenant?
Our First Unitarian Covenant
As a faith community, we promise:
- To engage with one another in a spirit of respect, compassion, love and trust;
- To nurture, deepen and expand our spiritual growth and sense of community by regularly attending Sunday services;
- To give generously of our volunteer time, energy, and our financial support to sustain our church home, our church community and our mission;
- To be present with each other through all of life’s transitions;
- To engage with the larger world to promote justice and demonstrate our values in the public arena;
- To be gentle with others and ourselves when we fall short of expectations, showing good humor and calling ourselves back into covenant;
- We acknowledge and commit ourselves to the work of sustaining our beloved community, welcoming all in good faith and ministering to each other.