Whole Souul Living
Community is our Whole Souul Living Theme for May. In a wonderful allegory, Rev. Barbara Pescan wrote: One of the old ones stood up into the morning light and spoke to those who had come back to the river: "Now we have come again to this place; it is a good thing. My life apart from you is not as strong. Yes, I have danced and I have told the stories at my own fire and I have sung to all the six directions. But when I am with you, my friends, I know better who it is in me that sings.” This month, you are encouraged to reflect deeply on Community; your own longing for community, the joys and the difficulties of community. Within this community, please find opportunities to share with each other your reflections on the following questions.
- How do we want to be in community?
- How do we want others to be?
- What behavior or assumptions foster a sense of community?
- Relate an experience of being in community.
- Relate an experience of being excluded from community.
- What do you need to know about me; and what do I need to know about you?