Insight is the Whole Souul Living Theme for July
Unitarian minister and transcendentalist Ralph Waldo Emerson believed that Nature is a far better and more appropriate holy scripture than any book. Further, he believed that every human soul (part of Nature) is a manifestation of the divine, or what he sometimes referred to as the Oversoul. We lie in the lap of immense intelligence, which makes us receivers of its truth and organ of its activity. When we discern justice, when we discern truth, we do nothing by ourselves, but allow a passage to its beams. …A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. For Emerson, intuition is the truest form of knowledge. Listening to and heeding the inner voice is the goal of spiritual practice and through this insight, we will create a better, truer, and more divine world.
* Do you experience an “inner voice?” Have you in the past?
* Tell of a time when you listened to that voice. Or, when you didn’t!
* Do you believe, like Emerson, that your intuition is a message from beyond? From the divine?
* What intuitions are you following in your life right now?
* What intuitions are you fighting against (or ignoring) in your life right now?
* Are there areas of your life where you always follow your intuition? Or, areas where you don’t?